Binge drinking is consuming a large quantity of alcohol in a short period of time.
Simple guideline: when a female has 4 drinks in a 2-hour period or when a male has 5 drinks in a 2-hour period.
*Avoid Pregaming *Avoid Shots
Alcohol can affect each person in a different way.
Your body’s reaction to alcohol is dependent on many factors: gender, weight, hydration level, food intake, and the presence of prescription drugs. Remember all drinks are not created equally. Click here for more info.
Safe Drinking Tips
NOTE: Don’t Stall, Just Call never condones or supports underage drinking practices.
- Know your limit & plan ahead.
- Eat food before and while you drink.
- Sip your drink (slow down).
- Skip a drink now and then and substitute with non-alcoholic drink (another great tip is to have a glass of water with your drink, and sip on that between sips of your drink).
- Beware of unfamiliar drinks.
- Appoint a designated driver.
- Respect the rights of individuals who do not wish to drink.
- Keep track of how many drinks you are consuming.
- Space your drinks.
- Drink for quality vs. quantity.
- Avoid drinking games.
- Plan ahead for transportation — don’t drink and drive!
- Never accept a drink from someone you don’t know.
- When ordering a drink at the bar, watch the bartender make your drink so you can know how much alcohol you will be having.
- Alcohol and sex do not mix — drunken sex is not consensual sex.
- Careful what you combine, most drugs and alcohol do not mix well. Be sure to read all warning labels.
- If you are pregnant, might be pregnant or attempting to become pregnant do not consume any type of alcoholic beverage.
* Our tips are directed solely at people of legal drinking age, ages 21 and above.